- PRODUCTHEAD: Tricksy interviewsby Jock Busuttil on Monday, 28th September 2020
» Qualifying yourself to be a product manager» Finding a product manager job» Janna’s advice on how to get into product management» Landing and starting a new product manager job» What it’s like working at a startup» Job fairs and job boards
- 74: The black art of designing contentby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 22nd September 2020
This week I learnt the phrase ‘black art’ comes from the world of printing presses. Eventually I found a product management angle.
- PRODUCTHEAD: Living your brand valuesby Jock Busuttil on Monday, 21st September 2020
» What happens when words and deeds don’t align» More than office decoration: taking a stand on core values» When our values are aligned to the things we create, work doesn’t feel like work» What is meant by the word “brand”
- PRODUCTHEAD: Finding the positivesby Jock Busuttil on Monday, 14th September 2020
» Lockdown has accelerated existing tech adoption trends » You need to be asking different questions about product strategy now » 25% discount available on my Product Management Masterclass » How to make your résumé stand out from the competition » 5 lessons from transforming culture in government » Avoid the biases and traps of user and market research » How to use product strategy to influence dysfunctional corporate strategy
- Saving yourself from product management hellby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 8th September 2020
If you recognise the symptoms such as not being allowed to talk to customers, and my personal favourite, “screw research, let’s build!”, then you may be in product management hell.
- 73: You wouldn’t drive blindfoldedby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 25th August 2020
I heard a story of an octogenarian who drove himself to the hospital for his eye cataracts operation. (Just let that sink in a bit.) On his surprisingly safe return home, his relatives queried the sense of his actions. He replied that what he lacked in sight, he made up for in driving experience.
- Upcoming live talks – September and October 2020by Jock Busuttil on Thursday, 20th August 2020
I’m giving some more live talks in September and October. The first is for ProdPad’s regular webinar series. I’m also giving a series of four talks on Tuesdays in October for my Product Management Digital Masterclass.
- 5 product leadership lessons learnt from the UK’s Ministry of Justice Digital teamby Jock Busuttil on Wednesday, 12th August 2020
I talk about the 5 product leadership lessons I learnt about digital transformation and working with autonomous, empowered delivery teams.
- Q&A: How do I make my CV stand out?by Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 4th August 2020
“I am currently looking for a new PM role but there is so much competition because of the pandemic. Do you have any suggestions on how to stand out as a PM in these turbulent times?”
- How to measure product management – ProductBeats talkby Jock Busuttil on Wednesday, 22nd July 2020
I gave a talk on Tolpagorni’s ProductBeats weekly webinar series about how to measure product management.
- 72: All the world’s a stageby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 21st July 2020
The other day, I was asked how to launch a product successfully. Two competing responses sprang to mind: the way I would have answered a couple of decades ago and the way I actually suggested.
- Q&A: What’s the best way to focus teams on outcomes not outputs?by Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 14th July 2020
What’s the best way to help agile teams move away from feature delivery to focus on outcome over output?