- Upcoming live talksby Jock Busuttil on Wednesday, 1st July 2020
I’ll be giving a couple of live talks this month in Sweden and Australia. Unsurprisingly, I’m giving them virtually, so you can come along too. Read on for talk details and how to attend.
- Q&A: What’s the name for ‘continuing to find product-market fit’?by Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 30th June 2020
Do you have a name for continuing to find/refine product-market fit? Or is product-market fit something you find once and then ignore after you found it?
- Reading aloudby Jock Busuttil on Wednesday, 24th June 2020
I’m trying to make my blog and other websites as accessible as possible. This has led me to all sorts of questions that I need your help to answer.
- 71: The PMO strikes backby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 23rd June 2020
Okay, okay, so maybe likening the Project Management Office (PMO) to the Empire hunting down the Rebel Alliance is perhaps a teensy bit combative. But it’s how I feel sometimes. Just don’t let my desire for a weak pun give you the wrong impression. Let me explain.
- What does a product manager do (and not do)?by Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 9th June 2020
Compared to when I started out in product management, we’re a lot better at defining what a product manager does. It’s always worth a reminder, so I’d like to share with you a talk I gave last summer, What does a product manager do (and not do)?
- 70: You need a delivery manager on your teamby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 26th May 2020
In the UK government digital teams, you don’t see project managers or even Scrum masters. Why? Because they have delivery managers instead. In this article, I’m going to convince you why you need delivery managers on your teams.
- May you live in interesting timesby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 28th April 2020
Not an article about product management per se, but a justification (to myself, if anything) for continuing to write not-entirely-serious articles about product management in the middle of a really-quite-serious global pandemic.
- 69: It matters what you say and what you doby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 21st April 2020
I perhaps naïvely assume that a company’s stated product vision and corporate mission are what the organisation is actively working towards. Disappointingly, this is not always the case.
- 68: 4 common user persona mistakesby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 31st March 2020
More often than not, user personas are just a laborious way to decorate the walls. Are you making these common mistakes?
- 67: Why cake is important for product leadersby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 3rd March 2020
Building or changing a product culture in your organisation isn’t just about having the right ingredients, it’s about knowing how to combine them successfully.
- 66: Show the thingby Jock Busuttil on Friday, 14th February 2020
‘Show the thing’ sessions encourage a culture of openness, of sharing information. They create opportunities for peers to learn from each other, thus multiplying the value of the thing created or learned that someone shows.
- Podcast: Learning Product Leadershipby Jock Busuttil on Tuesday, 22nd October 2019
I’ve just been on Ross Webb’s new Product Coach podcast talking about product leadership. You can listen to it on the widget below or on Podcast.co.